What to do in case of takeover?

Company name changes, but Chamber of Commerce number remains the same:

Go to MyGS1 and look under 'Account management'. Here you can adjust company data, such as name and address.

The Chamber of Commerce number will change:


Fill in a takeover form.

In this form, both parties declare that it concerns a takeover (party A indicates that it has been taken over by party B, party B indicates that it is taking over party A).
You can use the example below.


Turnover data

For a number of our services, the annual turnover of the company determines the rate you pay. That is why we ask you to send along the company's most recent net annual turnover. It is also allowed to send a comparable proof showing the net annual turnover.

If it is a starting company (<12 months registered at the Chamber of Commerce), we ask for an estimate of the annual turnover (incl. acquired activities) so we can classify the company in a turnover category.


Create an account

If the new company does not yet have an account with GS1 Netherlands, please create one. You can do this via MyGS1.

Are you taking over more than 99 codes?

Then acquire a Premium package. After creating the account, you can order and pay for it. Find the Premium package.


Send the data to GS1

Send an e-mail (bo@gs1.nl) with the form and that you have created an account (and purchased a premium package if necessary). Then we can proceed to handle your request.

You will receive a confirmation e-mail.


Everything is paid

All invoices in the name of the 'old' company must be paid before the transfer can take place.