What is the role of the Data Management Service
A supplier contacts you about recording and/or checking article data in GS1 Data Source. You make agreements with the supplier about the conditions and costs.
Recording of article data:
- The supplier tells you which articles (or changes to articles) must be entered.
- Because you are an accredited DMS, the supplier has exemption from physical checks for the data quality program.
Check article data:
- A supplier receives a call to check article data, you will also be informed.
- You inform the supplier how you want to receive the items.
- The supplier sends the items to you.
- You check the item data and communicate with the supplier about the results of the checks.