2. Call for checks
If you don't have your item data recorded then you should have it checked by a Data Management Service (DMS). Read more about how this works below:
Called in for checks: when?
You will see in MyGS1 when your data is up for checks.
- The 'EffectiveDateTime' for new items is the trigger to send a check request to have your item data checked. You will receive the call if the date you entered in the field is in less than 3 weeks for label data or less than 5 weeks for logistical data.
- A change in the data of an existing item can also be a trigger to send a request for your item data to be checked (unless the effective date is more than 3 weeks away (for label information) or 5 weeks (for logistical data).
After receiving the call for a check, ensure that label information is approved within 3 weeks and logistical data within 5 weeks. This concerns data of consumer and commercial units published to the Dutch target market.
Accredited Data Management Services (DMS) only check or record the data of the most important fields in GS1 Data Source.
No checks for certain products
Logistic information on trade units are checked as part of Data quality 2.0. For practical reasons, pallets are excluded. In this case, do select ‘pallet’ as the packaging type.
You will not receive a call for checks of empty packaging products. Checks of trade units transported using packaging products, such as CBL barrels, are not required as long as you enter the data in GS1 Data Source correctly. To do this, select the value ‘True’ in the attribute ‘Packaging product’ and enter the correct ‘Packaging Code’.
Private label products
Label information checks are not required if the label information has been entered in a different system and the brand owner’s GLN (GS1 address code) and the brand owner name have been entered correctly. For more information, consult our website.
The brand owner GLN should be populated by the product brand owner’s GLN. In case the brand owner is participating in the data quality programme and the wholesaler copies the data without changes, checks are not required.
You will not receive a call for checks in case the value in the attribute ‘Indication display unit’ is ‘True’.
Variable weight products (consumer units)
You will not receive a call for checks in case: ‘Indication variable product’ is set to ‘True’.
You will not receive a call for checks in case:
- It is a trade unit and: ‘Indication Consumer Unit’ is set to ‘Not true’ and ‘Indication Base Unit’ to ‘True’.
- The product is not part of a hierarchy (does not have children).
Unpackaged AGF products (potatoes, vegetables, fruits)
You will not receive a call for checks for AGF products supplied without any packaging, such as a cauliflower.
You will not receive a call for verification if:
- The item is a consumer unit and the 'Indication consumer unit' is set to 'True'.
- The 'PromotionTypeCode' field has the value 'Special packaging'.
Some items automatically reliable
The GLN brand holder must be filled with the GLN of the owner of the product. If that product owner participates in the data quality program and the wholesaler takes over the data unchanged, the product data is automatically reliable.
If your item has a standard size and packaging type (such as these on the GS1 list of dimensions and packaging type), this item will not be called for a logistical check.
Do you have multiple items in your range with the same dimensions and packaging type? And has one of them been approved by a Data Management Service? Then it counts as a reference to which we automatically link items with the same dimensions and packaging type. You will no longer need to send those items for checking. You can find all your references in MyGS1.