2. When to request an exemption?
Have you received a call for checks of your product data? Then you can apply for exemptions in a number of cases, eliminating the requirement of (partial) checks of data. When we comply with your request, we assume the data the exemption was applied for to be correct, voiding the call for checks.
You can request exemption from checks in case of:
1. Outsourced entering of product information
Have you outsourced the entering of your data in GS1 Data Source to a certified Data Management Service (DMS)? In this case your product data will not require checking.
- Before applying for this exemption, make sure to send a DMS contract to email@example.com in order to facilitate approval of this request.
- Indicate your DMS preference in 'MyGS1’.
- In case you have multiple GLN, request exemptions for these as well.
2. Variant in product line (label)
A product’s label information does not require checking if its allergen statement and ingredients are identical to those of an earlier approved product. For example: chocolate letters of the same contents but differing in shape.
- Refer to that product in 'MijnGS1'.
3. Changes in multiple GTINs
If you make similar changes to the same attribute for multiple GTINs, you may receive exemptions if the relevant products have been checked and approved earlier.
- Make sure you select all changed (or to be changed) attributes in 'MyGS1'. If you do not indicate all changed attributes, your call for checks remains in force or you will receive one later.
How to apply for an exemption
Indicate the products you are requesting an exemption for in ‘MijnGS1’. GS1 will establish whether your request meets the criteria.
- Go to 'MyGS1’ – My Data Quality - Tab: exemptions and follow the steps.
- Check the status of your request two days after your application in ‘MyGS1’.
Are there several products in your range of identical size and packaging type? And has one been approved by a Data Management Service? Then this may serve as a referent to which we automatically link products with identical packaging. A DMS will check the rest using a pdf of the label.
Do you optimally want to use referents? Then follow these steps.
Please contact your relation manager via firstname.lastname@example.org.