How to assess product data
Role of Data Management Services
A supplier contacts you concerning recording and/or checking of product data in GS1 Data Source. You reach agreements with the supplier on conditions and costs.
Entering product data:
- The supplier informs you which products (or changes to products) should be entered
- As you are a certified DMS, the supplier is exempt from physical checks as part of the Data Quality 2.0 programme.
Product data checks:
- The supplier receives a call for product data checks; you are informed as well.
- You inform the supplier on how you wish to receive the products.
- The supplier sends the products in to you.
- You check the product data and communicates the checks’ results to the supplier.
How do you assess product data?
Controllers may use the following information in checking product data:
The (Dutch language) document linked below describes how assessments should be performed. Obviously, entry instructions in the Attribute Explorer are leading, but sometimes further explanation will expedite a correct assessment.